We decided to do a very short (like an hour) photoshoot at a friend’s house for Sakura! Why? Because I want to put the cosplay away and let it retire in peace xD I need room for other dresses!!
(I apparently wrote this when I did the shoot and never uploaded it… sorry! This is just a tad few months late…)
This is one of my favorite pictures where It’s just smelling the roses =3
I’m not quite sure why but Hermsi (my photographer) likes this photo a lot.. I think it makes me look weird but it is really… what’s the word.. elegant?
Trying to act like a princess here… :D
Just a kinda cutsy picture xD
Overall I’m glad we got some pictures of Sakura but I wish we had a nicer background and more time to prepare.. but it works!
So Sakura is officially retired at this point.. I’ll be reusing the white base of the dress for hopefully anything else at this point.
Working on Sakura’s Prop 2.0!! =3
This rarely comes about but… I am actually redoing my sakura ball gown things~ Including the headpiece and hip piece.. and MAYBE the staff… if I can find the means to do it. xD
So because of this you can kinda see the process I’m trying out for them! The left gold piece is the old finished piece which I don’t think was that nice… the middle piece is just all foam which you might be able to tell that I added a but more to it~ Just because I have a LOT of foam now (bought a huge roll). And the paper to the right is just the cut up pieces I used to measure it all out~ What I love about this piece is that I could start with one whole piece and then just cut it to make the rest as I go along~
And this is the lovely “new” prop piece! Haven’t started on the hip one yet… Been kind of distracted~
But okay this post wasn’t really to just show off my still unfinished prop piece xD It’s that ALA is coming up in a week and this is my busiest time to finish things off~ Basically… I work well under procrastination xD So hopefully
I haven’t done one of these in awhile~ So thought I would fill you in on some little cosplay progress I’ve been up to. (For Tsubasa’s Sakura artbook gown)
This is what I have currently done for the base. It’s just a normal strapless white top that has full lining on the inside and a zipper enclosure with a hook & Eye in the back~ It took me quite long to do because I had to make it fitting. I actually used a pattern for this (slightly) just so I could get the point at the bottom perfect~ Here… I’ll get into the process a bit more.
All the many peices that was pretty hard to keep track of at once point. It’s because this top part is made up of 14 pieces… I honestly wanted to put in 2 more but.. uh. I was just so tired at that point.
The pieces were able to stay in position with the help of my mannequin~ Love it, but hate it. I used my serger to sew most of the edges together to get a really clean crisp cut. Especially with fabric that frays quite easily. The outer fabric was a thick cotton and the inside I just used really thin cotton (suppose to use regular polyester lining but I didn’t have any on hand). Easiest way for me to make this was by cutting out about 4 pieces of each part of the pattern (minus the from part, that was only 2) and then put together the puzzle.
I wish I took more pictures but.. I didn’t >.< It was just a lot of hours put into it (a full weekend to finish it) so taking pictures was not on my mind.
I also finished with the outer skirt (another layer) it looks really nice~ All that is left is to attach it all and work on the cape!!