DN Archer Outfit Progress! –Blue top

It’s been awhile hasn’t it? I think it’s about time I went back to showing progress pictures and how I do some of my outfits :D Back in January I half debuted an Archer cosplay from the game Dragon Nest! Still alterations to be made but that doesn’t mean I can’t share the progress I did~ So first off here’s a reference picture!

Now the black dress underneath was quite simple. Just a normal sweetheart fitted top with some boning on the sides so it’ll keep shape and stay up. Then I took about… 3 circle skirts, sewed them together to make one huge line of circle skirt and attached that on! To create a more distinguished “poof” I decided to add horsehair on the edge and that made walking around SUPER fun! (like every step the skirt would jump up and little in response xD) So this skirt I didn’t need to have a petticoat underneath but I think I would want one if I decide to have it bouncier xP

Archer PRogress 1Back to making my own patterns! Always a lot of trial and error with this process and I’m sad that I didn’t have more time with it. But I think it turned out well… I just tried to picture the top as a cross between a vest and a halter top.

Archer PRogress 2This was the fun part =3 I got satin ribbon but it was really shiny… I didn’t like that. So I attached it… was not happy still… so I painted it the same color as my bow! It turned out pretty well as the paint hardened (regular acrylic paint) so not only did I have a nice matte color but it also hardened into place so it wouldn’t move. Worked out better than expected~ You can see the fit wasn’t right so there is an unironed seam in the middle of the front sides. (please make sure to iron seams!) Afterwards I just got bias tape from the store and sewed that on! (I’ve been so lazy to make my own bias tape…)

Do you see a slight flip in front on the right picture? That’s with interfacing!  Unfortunately that was with medium interfacing and that part needed a heavier kind or to double up on medium. Make sure to use the right kind and amount of interfacing with projects!

Archer PRogress3

 

paint paint paint! In hindsight I would’ve used regular white paint but I used fabric paint. … doesn’t have much of a difference to it in this case xD I always love free handing the designs but I think at one point is was off… in which case I would recommend putting some markings to make sure its even xD

More updates on the bow I made to match it! And the interesting way of doing a lace-up boot from fabric!

–Kimikotan

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s